Type of Engagement: project
Timeframe: Oct 2011 to June 2012
Value Range: >1m
Description of Engagement
The Administration Area of Ministro Hales Division, is leading a process of establishing a business model for the newest division of the Corporation, that ensure:
“Creating, producing and capturing value for the company, guaranteeing that the indicators of profitability, productivity and costs of operations are met in a sustainably way”.
For which it has asked Vantaz to recommend a solution and detail:
1. Its Model Management: How to manage the DMH goals, coordinate its activities and make decisions.
2. Its Operating Model: DMH ways to execute their activities.
3. The Technologies needed to support both layers;
Objective: Design and implementation of an Operating Model for the company.
Designing and implementation of an Operating Model based on the best practices and differentiating elements to contribute to achieving the business objectives.
In line with this requirement, the design was based on:
– Establishing and sharing a common vision of excellence.
– Defining a cross vision for the operations (establish the concept of E2E processes).
– Clearly defining all roles in the operational model (leadership, responsibilities etc)
– Focus on continuous improvement
Type of Deliverable
The main outcome was the Operating Model implemented, providing to the customer a cross vision for the operation, a clear definition for all roles in the operational model and focus on continuous improvement.
- Project Charter: workplan, team and roles, critical factors, project management, project expectations.
- High Level Business Integrated Model:
- DMH vision and strategic drivers.
- Excellence Management Model for the achievement of the DMH vision.
- DMH key results
- Construction of the Value Chain.
- Creation of the E2E (level 0).
- Detail of the methodology / workplan for the next levels / pilots
- Short-term communications
- IT requirements for CCTV, fire control, access and presence (month 2)
- Detailed Strategy of addressing each Pilot Area including a DMH training actions.
- Detailed Business Model Construction:
- Management Model.
- Operating Model.
- Organizational Model.
- Involvement Strategy: Vision of Change, Stakeholders Identification and Analysis, Involvement Stages.
- Control Strategy / Commitment Management:
- Principal KPIs.
- Measures Identified / Stakeholders.
- Initial Measures.
- Reports and suggestions.
- Alignment and coaching required.
- Strategy and Execution of the Communication Plan: specific media, mass media, others. Content management and media coordination.
- Formulation of an Integrated DMH Business Model (details / final review).
- Transformation Roadmap.
To meet the project objectives and client expectations, Vantaz delivered at different stages, the following:
Obtain the acceptance of the organization to work in light of a consensual model for the development of a consolidated vision of the DMH Business Model:
- DMH and Consultants initial alignment.
- Consolidation of the work teams.
- Initial strategic analysis.
- Formulation of an integrated model.
- Development of the priority TICA (IT, Communications and Automation) requirements
Apply and built the operational, management, organizational and technology models, to the selected areas as pilots:
- Initial alignment with the areas.
- Construction of the Management Model.
- Construction of the Operational Model.
- Construction of the Organizational Model.
- Formulation of a System Model.
- Development of the TICA requirements.
- Transformation Plan of the area.
Develop and document the roadmap of the transformation for the go live of the models constructed, as well as the rest of the work for the organization:
- Development of the Involvement Strategy.
- Development of the Control Strategy.
- Negotiations with Management.
Program Management Stage:
- PMO set up for large programs of work.
- Business and technical change management and risk assessments.
- Standard project plan, tracking and status reporting (including daily deployment tracking, weekly status and fortnightly steer co.).
- Requirements gathering and analysis.
- Budget control.
- Risk issues assumptions and dependency logs.
- Vendor / 3rd party liaison, procurement, stakeholder management and RACI development.
- QA of key design elements recommended by technology partners.
- Project control – resource induction, travel, logistics arrangement, procurement planning.
Business Change Management Stage:
- Stakeholder analysis.
- Local change impact assessments and completing follow up actions.
- Communication and implementation of the training plan.
- Business engagement to embed change in close collaboration with areas.